About Me

A glimpse into our crazy fun life.

Noah
Powered by Blogger.

The Hunts

The Hunts
Andrew & Michelle

Our Dogs

Our Dogs
Brodie & Silas

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What?

Well today I had my 39 week appt. and it was not pleasant. First of all let me just say that until today I have loved my Dr's office and have really bonded with my Dr., but she is on vacation so I had to see her Nurse Pract. The following is not a dig at NP's because I myself want to be one eventually, but it is a dig at the horrible, half-dressed, man handler I saw today.

First she was 45 min. late which if you have been pregnant and sitting on the table for more than 20 min. is difficult. So when she walked in I already didn't like her. Then her size 0 self pranced in as if she was on time and was dressed as if she was going out to 6th street for the kind of night you get paid for. The boobs were for sure fake and the shirt she had on that practically showed everything but the nipple was disgusting....I said to myself...ok so she is not professionally dressed but I can get past it. She looked at my chart and said " Oh looks like a really big baby" well good thing you are having an epidural right? I laughed and wandered if she was joking or just a bitch. She listened to the heart beat then measured me....everything was good. She said ok now I am going to check you .... She checked me but continued to massage my cervix...without any warning this was going to happen...as she was Man handling me she said, well lets see if we can get things started....it hurt but I was more surprised than anything. After about 2 minuted she stopped and said...well if you think that is bad then you will need an epidural as soon as you walk into the hospital...I gasped and Andrew looked at her in a confused way. She then decided it was somehow appropriate to tell me that giving birth was the worst thing she had experienced and it is a horrible pain that she never wants to go through again.....At this point I didn't know if I wanted to dress her or bitch slap her.....If she has stayed any longer in my room I probably would have done the later. She walked out and Andrew and I looked at each other and both said....What the hell just happened.

OK thanks for letting me vent.....on a different note I am still only 1 cm and 60% eff. My Dr. comes back on Monday so I am closing my legs until then to ensure that Noah can be delivered by an appropriate Dr.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Wow-she sounds like she's pissed off many a pregnant woman. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I hope Noah takes his sweet time until Monday!

Casey said...

OMG Michelle! That is so horrible! I was just sitting her getting mad when I was reading your post! How rude! Glad your doctor is coming back soon! Some people have no sense whatsoever!