About Me

A glimpse into our crazy fun life.

Noah
Powered by Blogger.

The Hunts

The Hunts
Andrew & Michelle

Our Dogs

Our Dogs
Brodie & Silas

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My heart is in Haiti and soon I will be there too

As I have watched the images on TV about the earthquake in Haiti I have been moved to my core. People dead, loved ones missing, children now without parents....and I can't help but stop and search my own heart about the things that I take for granted. As soon as I knew of what happened God told me that I was going to be going....I tried to overlook it as ...well doesn't everyone want to do something type of feeling...but as the days continued God would not let me escape the overwhelming nudge in my spirit to step up and Go.....afterall isn't that what He calls us to do.....to Listen to his still soft voice and be ready at any second to step out of our comfort zone and make a difference for Him....



So I am going to Haiti on Feb. 1st for 6 days with Mercyworks. I just found out today and I have to say that I am excited but a little nervous at the same time. I have a lot that I need to prepare for Mentally, spiritually and physically and only have 1 1/2 weeks to do it in..I know I am listening to Gods call on my life and know he will keep us safe, but am also sad about leaving my sweet baby behind.

No comments: