About Me

A glimpse into our crazy fun life.

Noah
Powered by Blogger.

The Hunts

The Hunts
Andrew & Michelle

Our Dogs

Our Dogs
Brodie & Silas

Thursday, July 2, 2009

6 1/2 weeks and other Big News !!!

Noah sporting his cute new outfit from Nanny. Still don't completely understand why baby clothes says 3 months but that is not really what it means.
He loves his swing. This is where he naps sometimes. He has recently started watching the little birds on the top fly around. Note his cute Polo outfit...yes he is almost to big for it. Yet another 3 mo. outfit that he is outgrowing.




This is our bedtime ritual. He eats, we change him and we read a story from his awesome storytime bible ( Thanks Frenzels) I almost wish it was my bible...I mean it makes more sense and it has cool pictures. We are all learning from it.
Well he is 6 1/2 weeks and doing well. I almost don't want to say this but he is a really good baby. He cries maybe 30 min. a day and that is only when he needs something. He had dropped his midnight feeding so we are getting sleep from 10 - 3. I owe it to a good baby and baby wise. I am quickly learning a couple of things that I wish I had known and wish I had or had not bought for him.
1) Breast feeding is harder than delivery - for some reason I was not prepared for how hard it was and the emotional side of it is a little overwhelming.
2) Baby clothes are all different sizes depending on the brand. 3 months doesn't mean 3 months.
3) Should have bought a camera monitor - I think this would help with the transition to him sleeping in the nursery. Because I could just flip it on and watch him at night and not have to get up every 5 min. to make sure he is ok.
4) A baby swing and gym are Noah's favorite things....so happy we got them.
5) Pampers swaddlers are the best diapers...we have tried many others and these are the ones that worked for us.
6) When you have a baby the most important thing you can do for yourself is to take a shower everyday and take 30 min. for yourself...whatever that looks like. And it is ok to leave dishes in the sink.....
We have just started the process of looking at houses...We are Moving....not sure where or when but we have decided it is a good time to buy a house and we need more room.....





1 comment:

Alison said...

How exciting! And please count us in to help with any moving! I'm so glad you are all enjoying the storybook Bible--it is amazing. I'm also with you on the camera monitor purchase. It's something I'm going to splurge on next go around!

Love you guys!