About Me

A glimpse into our crazy fun life.

Noah
Powered by Blogger.

The Hunts

The Hunts
Andrew & Michelle

Our Dogs

Our Dogs
Brodie & Silas

Friday, July 10, 2009

Reality Bites !!!

Today I was faced with a harsh reality of post pregnancy. I went shopping....yes for the first time since I had Noah I decided to take some me time and try and find some clothes that fit me. I am in that weird stage after baby of where I am constantly trying to figure out what this flat tire is around my waist and why are my boobs now looking at the floor. It is a sad and depressing reality to face that having a baby changes your body so much. Is it possible for your bones to shift and your body be a totally different shape....yes, unfortunantly it is. I am trying to say good bye to the body I used to have and embrace the new me, but this is going to come with lots of kicking and screaming. I have talked Andrew into letting me buy the P90x fitness at home and will start a blog about it once it arrives.

Complete this sentence. I will be happy when _________. Well for me this blank can be filled with many things at different times in life but it usually is filled with the word house.
We have decided to not buy a house. This was yet another harsh reality I had to face this past week. I have wanted a new house and more space for a while but having a child really made me realize we need more room. It was a slap in the face to find out that because I am no longer working we would not be able to afford all the expenses and the loan to buy a house, and for some reasonI thought the government was supposed to be helping people buy houses right now. So we had to decide either i go back to work and put Noah in daycare or we stay where we are for another year. After lots of tears and struggling with God about my earthly wants we decided no. It is amazing how God works in your heart and allows you to go through the motions of defeat to then realize that what you thought would make you happy is not what he had in mind. God want to be the blank in my life.

1 comment:

dmoors56 said...

u are too funny!!!