About Me

A glimpse into our crazy fun life.

Noah
Powered by Blogger.

The Hunts

The Hunts
Andrew & Michelle

Our Dogs

Our Dogs
Brodie & Silas

Saturday, March 21, 2009

March 2009






We have been really busy getting ready for Noah. We are 32 weeks pregnant and still growing, although I am not sure how I am going to get much bigger but I guess I will. I have to admit that I have not loved being pregnant and am really ready for it to be over so I have have my body back. I know that probably sounds horrible but It is really hard to gain weight so fast and not be able to do much about it....I pee every 30 minutes at night and can't sleep. I know it will be so worth it when I see my little Noah, and everyone tells me that after a couple of years you will forget about the horrible times of pregnancy and want to do it again....but I am not so sure about that.
This
weekendhas been really quiet which Andrew and I are trying to bask in the stillness while we can. I have decided that my last day of work will be on Wednesday...YAY. My boss finally talked to me on Friday and said I can go whenever I want to...A part of me wants to just leave and have a paid vacation but there is another part of me that doesnt want to give it up just yet because that would mean that I am then a MOM....Has anyone else had this issue ? I guess my job has defined a part of me for so long that now giving it up is like giving up a part of who I am...I know and Trust that God will help me through this time and allow me to slip into mommyhood with ease, but It is so foreign to me....like starting a new job that you have no training for. You just get thrown into and hope you do the right thing....yes there are books, and dvd's but every child is dfferent, and has different needs.












5 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so glad you're taking time to bask in the stillness. He will be here so soon! And, really, as soon as you have him, you won't be peeing every 30 minutes. We can't wait! And you guys look amazing!

Krista said...

Ok, so I have been a secret follower of your blog for a little while now, but I couldn't pass up commenting on your latest post. First of all... LOVE the pictures! What a great idea! Secondly... what you said about feeling a little strange not working anymore and realizing how your job has defined you for so long.... that really resinated with me. I was there too. I loved my job and was good at it. It was so hard to walk away from. I could write a ton on this... but this is only a "comment" and not a letter. I just want to encourage you and let you know that the feeling you have right now leaves so quickly! It is amazing how fast you will start feeling defined as "Noah's mom"... and it is a great job. I know there is a HUGE learning curve... but it is a fun one, not stressful (most of the time). I am super excited for you and can't wait to meet baby Noah!

Beth LoSurdo said...

LOVE the pictures! I second Krista's post. I completely understand your feelings and shared many of those same thoughts before having Addison. There are some things that you just can't understand until you are there....and yes, sometimes its hard and you will feel like you have no idea what's going on...that's when you can call me and vent...because chances are I have been there too! :) The love and joy Noah will bring to your life will amaze you!! Being a mom is like nothing else you will ever experience. We love you guys so much and can't wait to help and support you guys when Noah gets here.

Cassie said...

I want to 'third' Kristas post and second Beths...very smart ladies! :) They are absolutely right and I had the same feelings too! I remember calling my parents and saying how crazy it is that I went to school so long to be a teacher but the most important job I have, being a parent, you get very little training- if any! Crazy!! But You learn quickly and there is nothing like "hands on"...and most importantly, there is no wrong way to parent. I know yall are going to be fabulous! And you have so much support too!! How blessed you are! :) Enjoy your quiet time like you are! :) LOVE the photos! fun fun!! and Oh, I felt the same way about my body- dont worry! I was not really a fan of pregnancy either (and always felt bad for saying it!) but surprisingly you will want to do it again after having the baby! Its funny! Having Noah will truly show you how awesome God is.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I need to get my brother-in-law down to Austin to take some pictures for us. . . We have a bunch of just me, but none of us together. . . Thanks for the inspiration!

And yes, the job thing is scary. I'm in the same place you're in but haven't really decided what the aftermath of pregnancy is going to yield for my job. My job is fairly unique and I have let myself be very defined by it because people react to it a certain way. I am also terrified that the 'Mom' identity will take over and I won't be me anymore!