About Me

A glimpse into our crazy fun life.

Noah
Powered by Blogger.

The Hunts

The Hunts
Andrew & Michelle

Our Dogs

Our Dogs
Brodie & Silas

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Now Generation

You and I are a part of this horrible NOW generation. I was slapped in the face with this reality yesterday as I sat in line at the bank for over 30 minutes. It started out as a typical day for me. Woke up, got dressed, wrote out my to do list and headed out to get things done as quickly as possible. My first stop was to the bank to fill our white envelopes that we are using to keep on track with money. I pulled up behind a white suburban...Saw her send the tube to the teller and send it back, OK...I thought...she is done....That was just the first transaction....by tube number 5 I started to feel frustrated and a brief surge of anger welled up in me...then I saw the tube come back and thought...ok this is it she is done....oh no....not so much. At this point I was so mad that I backed up to get in another line because I had been there for 10 min. and that was ridiculous, at the same time all the other lines filled up at least 3 cars deep. I took a deep breath and pulled back up behind the lady who was about to get rear ended by me...I sat there....and sat there for 30 minutes. I just kept thinking...doesn't she know I am behind her, why didn't she go inside...I am wasting so much time....Then I saw the lights..the bright red light that told me she was about to leave and at that moment God stopped me...I pulled forward, got my money and left.

Why did I feel so frustrated, Why was my first thought that I was somehow entitled to tell this lady off about how she wasted my time .... I heard a still small voice say " Patience". Oh my...what a slap in the face. God was trying to teach me something through my time at the bank. We are taught this song about fruits of the spirit, you know the song, but that is as far as it went for me. I can name all the things that God calls us to portray peace, patience..etc but for some reason it has never gotten down deep into me. As a part of the all about me I need it now generation we have forgotten to be in the world and not of it. This is not our home, but I don't see many people including myself living much different. What a desperate condition...what a need we have to dig our roots deep into God's word, deep into who he is and allow him to nourish us in such a way that we bear that fruit that distinguishes us from others.

No comments: