About Me

A glimpse into our crazy fun life.

Noah
Powered by Blogger.

The Hunts

The Hunts
Andrew & Michelle

Our Dogs

Our Dogs
Brodie & Silas

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Baby Bangs ( the following contains raw pregnancy details and may not be sutible for children )

So I don't know how many of you have experienced the lovely baby bangs that come with pregnancy but I have this horrible new hair growth that sticks up on the top of my head...no matter how hard I try to spray them with hair spray or gel they still stick up...So I have decided to blog about all the things I have experienced with pregnancy that are not all in the books. Don't get me wrong I know I am growing a baby and it is amazing.....but lets face it pregnancy is not all that attractive and fun.

I am 33 1/2 weeks and have gained 29 lbs. what the heck, yes 29 lbs on someone that is 5'1 is a lot to carry around. I didn't expect to gain that much weight my whole pregnancy because I don't eat that bad...but I have decided that every woman no matter how bad she eats....just like before you are pregnant, your body will do what it wants. Of course eating a hamburger everyday is a little much and would make anyone gain weight but even in eating well you will gain weight.

My boobs have now decided they have found a comfy position....on top of my stomach, yes as disgusting as that is it is however true. I knew they would get big but this is out of control....I am going to have to special order my bras if they continue to inflate.

I have bladder spasms all the time. When I get up from a laying position and stand the baby presses on my bladder....and I confess that the other day I got out of the shower and sneezed and I peed on myself.....what...I am only 29 and I have urinary incontinence...That was a shocker

I also from a sitting to standing position pass gas frequently....I did it the other day at a friends house and was so embarrassed. We hardly know them but when you are pregnant you can help it or hold it in.

In the books you will read about the line that will form on your stomach called Linea niagra....well mine decided to shift to the side of my stomach and looks completely jacked. I have seen some pretty prego stomachs before but all of there lines were straight.

I wake up every night about 4-6 times to pee and have now started to wake up...fully awake at 3 and not be able to go back to sleep. I know this is probably preparing me for the baby and all but it is every night almost on cue.

To combat all of the negative things that are going on, Noah is already starting to melt my heart. He is kicking all the time and during our night routine I play a song for him on my IPOD and he goes crazy...It's "Jesus Loves Me"....the one sang by Christy Nockles. It is as if he is worshiping God from the womb. also when I get in the glider and he is really active....I will start to rock and he falls asleep. I am trying to get him used to things now so that once he is born they will bring him back to his safe womb experience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister. I have not enjoyed being pregnant at all and I'm pretty sure most people think I'm crazy for it!

The gas thing has been particularly funny for me and my husband because I was never really one for loudly passing gas in front of him and now? We just giggle about it because it happens all the time. Nothing like pregnancy to make you tear down some of your self consciousness in front of your mate!

dmoors56 said...

i love your new look i have tried that website i cant do it. love your story love mom

Casey said...

Michelle,
I love this! Too funny! And that line...mine is still here! The dr said it could take even 6 mos for it to go away! UGhhh!

The McAdams' Family said...

I had and still have the baby bangs. Crazy. I didn't even know it was related to pregnancy until people told me. I just thought my hair had fallen out or something. I feel ya sister!